Kanban Leadership Professional I
This class teaches the underlying models to provide a means to make sense of leadership and provide a framework for leadership development.
Select Your Timezone
3:00pm CET - 6:45pm CET
- €2,500.00 excl.
3:00pm CEST - 6:45pm CEST
- Advanced Registration: Register 45 days prior €2,000.00 excl.
- Early Registration: Register 30 days prior €2,125.00 excl.
- €2,500.00 excl.
About the Class
Students will learn the 7 levels of leadership maturity and the character traits observed at each level. They will learn that leadership can take several forms and learn when and how to lead by direction, by example, by inspiration, and by signaling.
Great leadership requires great empathy and hence a deep understanding of the human condition. Using models from Plato, Aristotle, Maslow, & Kahneman, together with theory from social psychology, clinical psychology, and the study of resilience, and neuroscience and brain chemistry, students will learn how to recognize and interpret human behavior.
Humans are social, pack animals, and to lead them successfully leaders must understand sociology and how humans behave in groups. The 3-dimensional model of organizational culture helps leaders make sense of their situation and provides them with specific, actionable levers to hack culture and drive change. Understanding tribal behavior is vital for successful leaders. Students will be introduced to the Immelman matrices and understand how identity & purpose can drive change. This will be integrated with Maslow´s Hierarchy and an understanding of the human condition.
Finally, the concept of social entropy, leaders as entropy reducers, and the relationship of the leadership and organizational maturity models to complexity science and integration with the Cynefin Framework will help to put leadership actions into the proper context.
About the Leadership Maturity Model
The leadership maturity model maps seven levels of leadership quality and energy from abdication to duty-driven. It maps character traits and behavior and provides us with a roadmap for leadership development.
What can the leadership maturity model do for you?
We use the leadership maturity model to make sense of leadership actions and capabilities – to understand motivation and put decision-making in context. It gives us the means to understand the capability of a leader and their ability to move large numbers of people with cohesion, alignment, and congruence.
Organizational maturity will always be limited by leadership maturity and hence, organizations that seek great change and aspire to market-leading performance must develop the leaders who can take them there.
Benefits of the leadership maturity model
- Assess leadership value. The model provides a codification for actions that let us see that all acts of leadership are not equal.
- Proactively develop leaders. The model and the character traits provide us not only with a means of assessment but a roadmap for the development of individual leaders.
- Maps directly to the Organizational Maturity Model. Lets us compare leadership maturity and behavior with organizational maturity and integrate leadership development into an overall organizational improvement and development plan.
Training with David Anderson Interactive group sessions with peers In-depth Self Study Exercises Kanban University, KLP Certified Training Access to Online Learning Portal Affordable Pricing Policy by Country
Kanban Leadership Professional
The Kanban Leadership Professional credential is designed for those holding operational management and leadership positions in companies pursuing a business agility transformation.
- Attendees will receive a certificate of completion from Kanban University.
- Participants in both KLP courses will earn the Kanban Leadership Professional credential from Kanban University.
While there are no specific prerequisites for the training, these classes are aimed at people in positions of authority, responsibility and accountability: people with managerial responsibility who must lead their organization through challenging times. Some experience or basic familiarity with the Kanban Method is useful but not necessary in order to take full value from the classes and achieve the credential.
Who Should Attend
Who should attend?
- Those with managerial responsibility who must lead their organization through challenging times
- Those holding operational management and leadership positions in companies pursuing a business agility transformation
- Anyone looking for pragmatic, actionable, evidence-based leadership guidance
Students will learn:
- The underlying models to provide the means to make sense of leadership and guide leadership development
- The 7 levels of leadership maturity and the character traits observed at each level
- A deep understanding of the human condition- how to recognize and interpret behavior
- Sociology- how humans behave in groups and how to hack culture and drive change
- How to identify purpose to drive change
- How to put leadership actions into the proper context