Change Leadership Masterclass
This course provides the tools for understanding and dealing with resistance to effectively implement change. Attendees see more buy-in and greater success with their change initiatives. Learn the techniques and mindset to extend your leadership skills.
This Masterclass is ideal for anyone tasked with leading a change initiative in their organization or at a client organization. Attendees are also expected to be familiar with the content of the book, “Kanban – Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business” by David J Anderson.
If you find yourself saying the following this course is definitely for you;
“I’m a consultant. I want to lead successful client engagements, helping them improve service delivery and achieve better customer satisfaction. Teach me how to be successful with Kanban!”
“I’m an internal corporate coach or manager. Our organizational culture is better suited to evolutionary change. I’ve been asked to lead a Kanban implementation. Teach me what I need to know that I won’t easily find in the textbooks, blogs or conference archives!”
The focus of the Masterclass since 2009 has always been the same: the outcome we seek is educated coaches, consultants and managers with the mindset, knowledge, and tools to lead successful Kanban implementations.
Over the last 6 years, the curriculum has evolved, with an increasing emphasis on the soft skills of managing change, leading an initiative and knowing which tools in the Kanban and Enterprise Services Planning domains to deploy in order to go around or overcome the inevitable objections that create inertia to the adoption of new ways of working.
The latest curriculum focuses on evolutionary change, fitness for purpose, a deep understanding of The Kanban Method, evolutionary adoption via Proto-Kanban implementations, service-oriented organization design, all of our consulting tools, and our risk management module from ESP used to give your organization a common language for understanding work, by applying some logic to the problems of selection, sequencing, scheduling, capacity allocation, hedging and achieving flow.
We strongly correlate Masterclass attendance with successful Kanban implementations. Alumni of the Masterclass regularly deliver institutionalized adaptive capability, a culture of improved service delivery and continual fitness for purpose.
The course is taught with a great many anecdotes and vignettes with real-world examples that teach coaches a new way to see the psychology, sociology, social psychology, politics, and organizational dynamics of change. Students will participate in a series of group exercises analyzing case studies from the field. Coaches should leave with a new way of thinking about leading change and implementing Kanban, and membership of a new social group of like-minded peers all pursuing similar challenges. Some attendees have described the class as “life-changing”. The model for understanding why people resist change gives them a new way to look at life, at the people in it, and the social group dynamics they experience in every aspect of their life.
WHAT IS COVERED
- Psychology and Sociology of Change: Understanding the psychology of change will help you successfully introduce the Kanban Method, and help build a culture of continuous improvement in your organization.
- Advanced Topics: This course goes beyond material covered in the “Kanban” book and the curriculum of the Kanban System Design (KMP I) and Kanban Management Profession (KMP II) classes. The focus is on leading and coaching Kanban rather than scaling it. For those who want to understand large scale, enterprise Kanban, we recommend the Enterprise Services Planning classes. The coaching includes Step 1 of the STATIK method, also covered in ESP module III – Understanding Fitness for Purpose – and exclusively includes Step 8 of the STATIK method – Negotiating and Implementing a Roll-out Plan.
- Answers to the hard questions: The small class size, the focus on case materials and the pragmatic, actionable nature of Kanban guidance means you go back to your workplace with techniques you can apply immediately apply. The intimacy of the class and the experienced nature of your fellow attendees enables you to develop your network enabling a new source of answers to your hard questions. Real face time with David Anderson gives you the opportunity to get your personal questions and workplace challenges answered.
- Consulting Tools: Friday of the class is dedicated to our consulting tools: Depth of Kanban Assessment Framework; Kanban Litmus Test; Kanban Appropriateness Appraisal; Developing a Custom Risk Assessment Framework; Service-oriented Organizational Design; Learning to see services to make “kanbanizing” an organization easier and more natural; Deep understanding of the STATIK method including Step1 – Understanding Fitness For Purpose – and Step 8 – negotiating buy-in and agreeing a roll-out plan.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Low-Class Size: The intent of limiting the workshop to a maximum of 12 attendees (typical attendance is around 8-10 people) is to have an interactive collaborative session designed to facilitate knowledge sharing and learning. Attendees should come prepared to discuss their own experiences with Kanban and challenging situations they’ve faced with change initiatives at clients or employers
- Practical Knowledge: The goal of the Masterclass is to enable participants to go back into the field and successfully coach change initiatives for improved service delivery using the Kanban approach. Every workshop is different because of the unique experiences of each participant and their specific focus and desired outcomes.
KANBAN UNIVERSITY ACCREDITED KANBAN CONSULTANT, (AKC)
The Accredited Kanban Consultant program offers a professional credential for people coaching Kanban for organizations. The coaches may be embedded within organizations or they may be independent consultants.
Accredited Kanban Consultants (AKC) are recognized and endorsed by Kanban University as highly qualified to help organizations apply the Kanban Method for greater success.
AKCs successfully coach change initiatives for improved service delivery using the Kanban approach.
Qualify to be an Accredited Kanban Consultant
An AKC must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- achieved the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential
- achieved the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential
- attend the 5-day KU certified Masterclass
- 6 months verified experience in a Kanban initiative
- Written essay submission
- AKC Panel interview
- one-time activation fee
AKC Program benefits
- Authorization to use the AKC letters and badging
- Recognition on the Kanban University website Coaches directory
- Access to private AKC-only forums for professional collaboration
- Invitations to exclusive events worldwide plus participation in ‘Ask an AKC’ coaching sessions
- Communicates to employers and clients the most advanced qualification in coaching with Kanban
5 days of training with David J Anderson Group sessions personalized for attendees Copies of case studies and learning materials Breaks, snacks, and lunch daily Kanban University, AKC Certified Training Disinfected facilities, face masks, and other safety measures
We care about your health and safety. That is why we worked out a list of important measures to ensure you can enjoy your trip to the fullest while keeping you safe during all your period of stay. Our safety measures will include:
• Sufficient distancing between students during the working sessions with a requirement to wear face masks.
• Clean and disinfected facilities.
• Our support and coordination of our team: FPP2 masks and disinfectors supplies and, if needed, ensuring and organizing PCR test before leaving the country.
Training Center: Zillertal, Austria
We believe that pandemic days exhausted us enough and it is a time to reset our mindset in a place that relaxes, inspires, allows us to have a look from aside and to think out of the box. Because you need to be inspired to inspire others. Because you need to recharge your batteries to be able to drive change. Join us in our in Austrian office!
Its location and breath-taking landscapes make it a perfect place to combine productive professional events with memorable relaxing leisure time in the middle of the Alps. The closest airports for Mayrhofen are Innsbruck and Salzburg in Austria and Munich international airport in Germany. We recommend Munich with door-to-door transfers via shuttle bus taking around two hours. Alternatively, the mainline trains of DB, OeBB, SBB stop at nearby Jenbach, and a taxi or the small local train will bring you to the venue from there. For those living in central Europe driving may also be an option.
A variety of summer mountain activities, such as hiking, biking, climbing, paragliding, and others are available in the area. Their complete list and conditions, considering the current restrictions, will be provided to you.