Kanban Maturity Model
December 2-3, 2019
A very special opportunity to train with David J Anderson!
preceding the Agile Kanban Istanbul Summit 4-7th December
The Kanban Maturity Model (KMM) codifies more than 10 years of experience implementing Kanban across diverse industries, in businesses small to extremely large. It plays an important role in creating unity, alignment, a sense of purpose and good governance. Use it to gain a better sense of achievement, provide better products and services, delight your customers, and realize superior business results.
The KMM provides a proven road-map of guidance on recommended practices to meet improvement goals. The KMM maps typical Kanban practices as well as cultural values against 7 organizational maturity levels. This becomes a powerful tool for coaches and consultants leading Kanban initiatives and helping businesses improve their agility.
Registration € 2,000.00
Main topics of the course
- Organizational maturity levels defined in terms of behavioral patterns, depth of Kanban practices and business outcome
- Kanban Maturity Model architecture
- Evolving a fit-for-purpose organization
- Cultural values and leadership styles which enable the evolution of organizational agility
- Two failure modes of Kanban implementations, aborted start and false summit plateaus, and means to avoid them
- Mapping between KMM and other models and methods such as Lean/TPS, Real World Risk Model, and CMMI
- Advanced Kanban practices for managing services and projects
At the end of the course the student will be able to do the following:
- Determine the maturity level of the organization they work with in terms of observable behaviors, management practices and business outcome
- Define the right approach to lead the organization to the next level
- Determine and appropriately implement the Kanban practices that will help the organization deliver better on customer expectations and internal objectives
- Integrate the KMM with other models and methods such as Lean/TPS, CMMI, and Real World Risk Model
There is no prerequisite to attend this course. Course participants are encouraged to have read the book Kanban Maturity Model by David J. Anderson and Teodora Bozheva. This course is a prerequisite for the Kanban Coaching Practices course.
Kanban University® Credential
Are you looking for an internationally recognized credential in the Kanban Method? If you are a Kanban Management Professional (KMP) this course with the addition of the Kanban Coaching Practices course leads to the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) certification.
- Understanding KMM levels
- KMM Architecture
- KMM and other models and methods: Lean/TPS, CMMI, Real World Risk Model
- Evolving organizational culture with KMM
- Fit-for-purpose organization
- Developing Organizational Agility
- Risk Management practices
- Developing an antifragile organization
- How to use KMM as a Kanban coach, Change agent, or Project Manager
- Wrap Up
Cancellation Policy – Please Note:
With the goal of always delivering the most current and relevant content, please note that the class agenda, contents and schedule, are subject to change.
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
More than 10 days prior = 80% of course fee
5 to 10 days prior = 50% of course fee
Less than 5 days = no refund provided
The David J Anderson School of Management reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience.
Please be advised that events can be subject to changes in date and/or venue due to acts out of our control such as bad weather, civil unrest, etc. It is recommended that you purchase changeable and refundable tickets. The David J Anderson School of Management will not be responsible for incurred costs in the event that we need to make changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
For more information, please contact us.