Kanban Maturity Model
November 18-20, 2019
Trainer: David J Anderson & Teodora Bozheva
Main topics of the course
- Organizational maturity levels defined in terms of behavioral patterns, depth of Kanban practices and business outcome
- Kanban maturity model architecture
- Evolving a fit-for-purpose organization
- Cultural values and leadership styles which enable the evolution of organizational agility
- Two failure modes of Kanban implementations, aborted start and false summit plateaus, and means to avoid them.
- Mapping between KMM and other models and methods such as Lean/TPS, Real World Risk Model, and CMMI.
- Advanced Kanban practices for managing services and projects
3-Day Registration (Inclusive 21% VAT)
If you or your employer have a permanent office in Spain, and you work in that permanent office, then VAT must be collected.
3-Day Registration (Exclusive VAT)
If your company is not resident in Spain or do not have a permanent establishment here (branches, offices etc), then VAT is not required. However, you must provide your tax number. If you have any questions please check with your accountant or send us a note at email@example.com.
At the end of the course the student will be able to do the following:
- Determine the maturity level of the organization they work with in terms of observable behaviors, management practices and business outcome
- Define the right approach to lead the organization to the next level
- Determine and appropriately implement the Kanban practices that will help the organization deliver better on customer expectations and internal objectives.
- Integrate the KMM with other models and methods such as Lean/TPS, CMMI, and Real World Risk Model.
Who Should Attend?
The course is designated to Kanban coaches, Agile practitioners, transformation initiative leaders, business managers, project and service managers and team leaders who wish to obtain deeper knowledge on the following topics:
- how to develop further their organizational agility
- appropriate practices that allow delivering on customer expectations
- how to achieve predictable economic outcomes and financial robustness
- how to improve the predictability of their teams’ work and meet customer expectations.
- how to define a realistic roadmap for their organizations based on a profound understanding of their current situation, the characteristics of the organizational culture and the defined purpose.
- what leadership focus and actions are necessary to enable successful improvement.
There is no prerequisite to attend this course. Course participants are encouraged to have read the book Kanban Maturity Model by David J. Anderson and Teodora Bozheva.
Kanban University® Credential
Are you looking for an internationally recognized credential in the Kanban Method? If you are a Kanban Management Professional (KMP) this course with the addition of the Kanban Coaching Practices course leads to the KCP certification. This course is a prerequisite for the Kanban Coaching Practices course.
- Understanding KMM levels
- KMM Architecture
- KMM and other models and methods: Lean/TPS, CMMI, Real World Risk Model
- Evolving organizational culture with KMM
- Fit-for-purpose organization
- Developing Organizational Agility
- Risk Management practices
- Developing an antifragile organization
- How to use KMM as a Kanban coach, Change agent, or Project Manager
- Wrap Up
Cancellation Policy – Please Note:
With the goal of always delivering the most current and relevant content, please note that the class agenda, contents and schedule, are subject to change.
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
More than 10 days prior = 80% of course fee
5 to 10 days prior = 50% of course fee
Less than 5 days = no refund provided
The David J Anderson School of Management reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience.
Please be advised that events can be subject to changes in date and/or venue due to acts out of our control such as bad weather, civil unrest, etc. It is recommended that you purchase changeable and refundable tickets. The David J Anderson School of Management will not be responsible for incurred costs in the event that we need to make changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
For more information, please contact us.