Kanban Management Professional
KMP Foundations II
December 10 - 11, 2015
"What is the best way to manage my Kanban system day to day?"
The KMP II: Kanban Management Professional class focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma.
Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences. The class also covers recommended meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing kanban
- Scumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban ebook will be provided upon registration.
Prior attendance at KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design or any previous Lean Kanban University Foundations-level class such as Getting Started with Kanban or Certified Kanban Practitioner is preferred (required to achieve the KMP status -- see below).
This class is for people who currently use a Kanban system, or have prior experience with Kanban, or who are in the KMP training series currently, and/or who have consulting clients who use Kanban.
The class will take place at the Lean Kanban University | David J Anderson School of Management, 200 1st Avenue West,Suite 404, Seattle, WA 98119
2-day KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class - USD $1,695.
5-day Alternative Path to Agility - USD $3,350. (includes 1-day Team Kanban Practitioner; 2-day Kanban System Design; 2-day Kanban Management Professional)
Please note that there is a class limit of 24 students. Also note that in order to make the course economically viable we need a minimum of 5 students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about the course or about registration.
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
- KMP status recognition, upon completion of all qualifying classes (see "KMP qualification")
This course, following completion of the KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Lean Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the LKU website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
- Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to LKU members
The Alternative Path to Agility
The Kanban Management Professional course is part of the series of Alternative Path to Agillity series. The full series, intended to be taken in order, includes:
1-day Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)
2-day Kanban System Design -or- Kanban for IT / Operations (KMP Foundations I)
2-day Kanban Management Professional (KMP Foundations II)
5-day training sessions that include all 3 classes in the Alternative Path to Agility are often available for a package rate. Inquire at email@example.com for details.
Cancellation Policy – Please Note
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
More than 10 days prior = 80% of course fee
5 to 10 days prior = 50% of course fee
Less than 5 days = no refund provided